Class Type: Listening and speaking class
Students can listen, read and recognize some words describing a person’s physical appearance.
Through cooperation and role play, students can get the ability of describing their friends correctly.
1. Students can get more interests in learning English.
2. Students can get more interests in caring more about their friends and in cherishing their friendship.
Teaching Key Points:
1. Words: tall and strong, short and thin, friendly, quiet
2. Target language: I have a good friend. He’s…
Who is he? His name is…
Teaching Difficult Points:
1. How to pronounce the new words correctly?
2. How to get students to use the sentence patterns to describe their friends?
Teaching Aids: multi-media, a tape recorder
Step 1 Warming up and lead-in
1. Play a chant. Ask students to sing the chant after the tape and do the actions.
Tall, tall, tall. Make yourself tall.
Big, big, big. Make your eyes big.
Small, small, small. Make your eyes small.
Long, long, long. Make your arms long.
Short, short, short. Make your arms short.